Open House begins at 4:30 in our classroom (Room 101). Children and parents are invited to come and explore the room, reconnect with friends and play for a little while. At 5, we ask that children head outside with one parent/adult while another parent/adult remains in the room for a short presentation about what to expect for year ahead. This is a great opportunity to ask any questions you may have an get a real sense for our classroom. At 5:30 we have a school-wide BBQ, a wonderful event where we get to see our community come together for food and fun to begin our year!
As promised, here is the supply list for our classroom this year:
- We will be doing a weekly cooking project associated with our Letter of the Week, so we are asking for $10 from each child to help purchase all the ingredients for these projects!
- Boys - 1 package plastic spoons, Girls - 1 package plastic forks
- 1 package paper plates
- 1 package baby wipes
- 2 packages Clorox or Lysol Wipes
- 1 small pack of 8 crayons (Crayola strongly preferred!)
- 1 box of Crayola 10 Classic Colors Markers
- 1 box of basic colored pencils
- 1 small bottle of glue
- 1 1" 3 ring binder with child's name on the spine (marker or tape works or you can personalize it any way you want!)
- 1 Bed roll (if your child is full day) - We work on self help skills and these are great for self sufficient rest set up and clean up! Examples of what I'm talking about can be found here: To buy or to make. They should have the pillow, blanket and rest area all-in-one. Please be sure it has a strap so they can be hung from hooks.
As always, please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions - email@example.com.
Looking forward to a fabulous new year!